Sunday, October 28, 2007

Back in the Saddle Again



Well, I got out for a long overdue two rides this weekend. Saturday I did a 55.5 mile road ride up the infamous Mt. Tamalpais (or Mt. Tam -- the view from the summit is pictured above). That was brutal. I can definitely feel the time off in my legs.

Sunday I did a more mellow day, doing a 45.6 miles in more "flat" territory in Marin county (For those who don't know, there is no such thing as truly flat in these parts).

Anyways, I've been doing a lot of thinking. At this point, I believe I will have enough time to train properly for the GDR next year. I have no interest in doing the race half-assed this year, but I believe I can work out a more flexible work schedule and do the necessary training. So, for now, you can consider me in. However, I do not think I'll be lining up with the GDR on June 20th. I pretty sure I'll be doing the Canadian Section with a few others. I am very excited about what is to come...