Thursday, June 28, 2007

Silly Wednesday Ride

I went out for a planned 60 miler yesterday. When I headed out the door, it was 91.5 with 85% humidity. I was on the bike to a grand total of a two minutes before sweat began to beed on my chin. I scrapped the mid-sized ride for an uber-short 23.52 miles in 1:32 (avg 15.61).

It's only 79 right now with 83% humidity right now, so I might try to do the ride again (gotta start base training again for another long race sometime in the future :-P )

Nothing really interesting to report with all these slow days (and still not having a mountain bike), my posts ought to get interesting again soon. On a non-bike-related note, my house was over a hundred degrees yesterday, so I opted to go to the movies in the first time in 2 months. Saw that new Die Hard flick, Live Free or Die Hard. I was thoroughly entertained, only for the cheese value though. I wouldn't call it a "good" "film."